Saturday, May 5, 2012

Clear ice jewelry DIY

diy,fashion diy, my diy,jewelry diy,fashion jewelry, crystal clear jewelry,ice jewelry,recycle,matter of style,unique jewelry,
diy,fashion diy, my diy,jewelry diy,fashion jewelry, crystal clear jewelry,ice jewelry,recycle,matter of style,unique jewelry,
ice bones statement necklace
diy,fashion diy, my diy,jewelry diy,fashion jewelry, crystal clear jewelry,ice jewelry,recycle,matter of style,unique jewelry,
clear porcupine earrings
diy,fashion diy, my diy,jewelry diy,fashion jewelry, crystal clear jewelry,ice jewelry,recycle,matter of style,unique jewelry,
"Ice stalactite" earrings

With these jewelry I wanted to play with the shape and transparency of the material I used. The effect I wanted to obtain were ice scuptures.
Yesterday on my facebook and twitter I asked you to guess what was the raw material I used in this diy project. I gave you an hint: I told you it was clear, cheap and it could be found in a club. Plastic glasses and bottles, straws (actually a possibly fun material), rubber or perpex were the answers. Thanks for playing with me. Now that you see the jewelry I made do you recognize what they are made of? If not drum rolls and you'll find the answer and the tutorial after the jump!


Ieri su twitter e facebook  vi ho chiesto di indovinare il materiale che ho utilizzato per realizzare questi nuovi gioielli. Il suggerimento che vi ho dato era: è trasparente, economico e si può trovare in un locale. Avete risposto bicchieri e bottiglie di plastica, cannucce (effettivamente sarebbe divertente provare ad usarle), gomma e plexiglass. Grazie per aver partecipato al gioco. Ditemi, ora che li vedete, riconoscete di cosa son fatti i gioielli? Troverete la risposta e il tutorial giusto dopo il click!





yes, cocktail forks - con le forchettine da cocktail!
I needed plenty of them - ne sono servite tante
I cut their teeths manually then I used a soldering iron to melt plastic - Ho tagliato i denti delle forchette a mano e ho utilizzato un saldatore per fondere la plastica
At open air I heated plastic untill it melted and then I pressed  forks together- All'aperto ho scaldato la plastica fino a quando è diventata morbida e ho premuto le forchette una contro l'altra per unirle.
Forks can be cut in any point and pieces of every size can be obtained. They can be also pierced with heat. When the center part of the necklace was finished I added two rows of crystals on it, a couple of small pieces and an organza ribbon to tie it around my neck. - Le forchette possono essere tagliate in ogni punto e si possono quindi ottenere pezzi di ogni dimensione. Una volta finita la parte centrale ho aggiunto due striscie di cristalli e un nastro di organza per legare la collana al collo.
I did the same thing with forks' teeth. I heated and sticked them together until I obtained a spiky cluster of frosted nails. Ho ripetuto lo stesso procedimento per gli orecchini. Ho scaldato e unito i denti delle forchette fino ad ottenere un grappolo di punte.
Stalactite earrings have been obtained melting more forks together.

Gli orecchini con i ghiaccioli sono stati ottenuti fondendo insieme più forchette.

No comments:

Post a Comment