Thursday, October 11, 2012

When You Know It's Right

by Tom Brennan


I may be superstitious and/or suggestible but I believe in gut reactions, in the value of first impressions. So when, towards the middle of last year, a friend emailed to ask had I noticed a new listing on Ralan, I had a good feeling as soon as I saw Penumbra. I liked the layout, I liked the ethos, I liked the ‘feel’ of the site. I had a story which meant something to me and I thought would fit their outlook; I sent in my story with optimism…

The whole process worked so smoothly and professionally – and amazingly quickly. In the year since, I’ve concentrated on a fantasy novel called Doktor Glass, but I still think about seeing Butterfly out there so painlessly. I think writing over a long period of time requires no small measure of optimism, and it’s good to see optimism repaid. We need more publications like Penumbra and I hope to see them around for a long time.

Tom Brennan is a British writer living beside the Mersey River in Liverpool, UK. He works as an Emergency Medical Dispatcher and enjoys writing what he loves: Fantasy, SF, Crime, Literary, all with the invaluable help of an ethereal white cat called Delaney. He has a fantasy novel, Doktor Glass, out in January with Ace and is currently working on the sequel.

Stay connected with Tom Brennan on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment